Dani
Eating wise, I did not so great this weekend. I think a free day is out of the question for me until I get a better grip on this eating thing. It kinda sent me into a spiral out of control mode. It's ok, tomorrow is a new day.

Something is bothering me tonight and maybe I shouldn't be blogging while I'm still angry, but whatever. You girls (I think all girls read this?) are cool for me to let loose a bit. So tonight I picked out a STUPID STUPID movie to watch. I won't even name it because I don't want to endorse it whatsoever. But basically it is the typical male objectifying woman blah blah blah and then at the end, he turns into this "good guy" and gets the girl. Whatever. This is what makes me upset. I see that my eating has a lot to do with movies like that also. It is a CONSTANT reminder when you watch these movies with "a perfect girl" there. Your typical runs 3 miles every morning at 5am, beautiful hair, beautiful teeth, beautiful everything. Translated- NOT REALISTIC. Then you have all of these guys who in the movie are OPENLY objectifying these kinds of girls. I feel very insecure when it comes to movies like this for 2 reasons. 1. I feel like I WISH I could look like these girls ( a little highschool no?) and 2. They always look so happy. Now I know I am supposed to tell myself "this is a movie, this is Hollywood" but for some reason, my brain doesn't go there. This all probably does not make sense because I don't want to let out too much but basically, I feel, 2 things again. Why on EARTH are guys OK with being portrayed like this? and also how on earth are guys supposed to stay pure and on the straight an narrow and happy with their wives if these kinds of things are always being flashed all over TV & Movies? I mean in this movie, now this may give it away, this guy actually made fun of a lady who had just had a baby. I'm not going to lie, I did laugh at the line. He made a reference to her weight (not funny) but the lady turned around and said "Excuse me I just had a baby"(not funny yet) And then the guy said "Well the baby must have been delicious because it looks like you swallowed it" Did laugh a little bit because of the way it was said. Anyway, my point is, Even though it is supposed to be funny, it kind of reinforces in my mind the idea that after you have a baby that is it. You are no longer attractive, you never will be, you are now "a mom". Well, I'd just like to say right now that I AM NOT buying into that, yes I am a "Mom" and it is the greatest job anyone can have. And I will not raise my boys to EVER act like that. And if I ever have daughters, I will teach them to respect themselves and not objectify themselves like these stupid girls on TV! Ahhh..I am so angry right now..and tired..it is 2:00am and I am still up. Why. My baby is sleeping.

On a happier note, my baby boy giggled for the first time today. That just makes everything all better. I am going to go spend time with the Lord right now until I fall asleep. I think we need some one on one time.. So till tomorrow, my rant is over...
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    I'm with ya dearest! I can't say movies bother me nearly as much as they do you. But I can relate to the wanting to look like them and then hitting myself up the side of my head and saying, its unrealistic, and you KNOW IT! But that doesn't seem to help, you know? I don't want Oceana to grow up with these unrealistic expectations of herself or the downtrod perspective I often have of myself. Matt said just the other day he'd kill his daughter if she ever cuddled w/ her fiance under a blanket (LOL, let he who is w/o sin cast the first stone shmookums). And it got me to thinking, we have these ideals now that we are parents - but how are we ever going to pass them onto our own children? I don't know Danielle, how? And I hate being thought of as a MOM. I love being a Momma to three babies, but only to them. I don't wanna be that docker wearing high waisted boufant sporting comfy shoed Mom. Ew. Its bad enough that I've had to get over baby puke and baby poop and toddler tantrums and toddler accidents... I don't want anyone to think of me as "Past my use by" but... do they? Really? Is that how we viewed our Mothers? Past their use by? *Sob*. I love you! And geez I'm proud of you, you may not be having the best week, but you're actually exercising. Which is WAY more than I can say for myself.


  2. Dani Says:

    It's true Susie. I really think that God did not give me a girl yet until I deal with my own self image. How can I really teach a girl to be secure in who she is if her momma isn't? I don't really know how to teach Samuel & Zachary. I am going to have to pray for direction. But it is funny how God works. I really believe that he uses our kids to help us deal with our issues. And LOL about Matt's comment..hahahahaa...I cannot wait until your daughters come of age. HEHE....He is going to lose it.. Oh sweet revenge... I told Josh last night that I wanted a girl and his response was "WHAT. WHY. Stop it..You know what happens?" So I just answered..No what Josh, what happens? He just got up and walked away. ITS HILARIOUS to see him get so unnerved when talking about daughters...Can't wait to have one!!