Dani
So yesterday I didn't post, so today I'll have to post twice. Yesterday was an OK day. I went to the gym yesterday morning and I got a GREAT workout in. I went with my sister Victoria. It always helps when you have someone to work out with. I realized that the stability ball increases my workouts. I also went up to higher weights yesterday. With the work outs you do with each exercise, a set of 12, 10, 8, &6, take a 1 minute break then do 2 sets of 12 back to back. The last set of 12 you change up the exercise. And when you are you doing the first set of 12, 10, 8, 6 you increase the weight each time, then with the two sets of twelve you decrease the weight. So usually, I start out with a set of 8lb, 10lb, 12lb, 15lb, then the last to sets of 12 I do with a 10lb weight usually. I started out with a 3lb weight..haha..pathetic..but I have worked my way up.

In the eating department, I was successful at eating just chicken at the BBQ. They also had some cucumbers with onions (MMMMM) so I had that and some beans. Not bad... I did eat a brownie :-( and some chips. They were organic and baked though, so not terrible. I think I didn't eat enough again. I really need to make sure I'm eating enough calories with the nursing and exercising, or I will not lose weight at all.

I have definitely pin pointed when I start to eat wrong. it is definitely when something is going wrong or I am feeling bad about myself. Yesterday I had a situation come up and I was VERY emotional. I found myself wanting to go out and eat or do something to make myself feel better. I successfully stayed in my mom room and just prayed. I was not going to allow myself to go down that road. I have to admit, it was such an uncomfortable feeling to deny myself the food. I really took such comfort in it. It was my "safe place". I didn't know what to do with myself. I was so uncomfortable! Even praying through it was not comfortable. It was literally making me cry. I felt so almost scared or something. It was really weird. It almost felt like an out of body experience. I felt that I had to really take control of my thoughts and my mind. My mind went into this crazy spiral of thoughts. Just totally out of control. So after a few minutes of this crazy battle going on in me, I came out of it. I made it.

So there it is. Another day passed. Almost at a full week! Today is church, and time to go home :-( It's been a good time here in Long Island. I love being surrounded by my family and by my old neighborhood. But, it's time to get back home :-( I'm ready though. I'll have to blog again tonight about today, so until later!!
0 Responses