Dani
I've been struggling with my eating. Not that I'm necessarily eating bad things, I'm just not eating. I have found myself so busy that I suddenly feel dizzy an sick and then I think "Oh I forgot to eat!". So , I decided I need to get myself back on track. So how did I do that? I decided to deep clean my apartment. I don't have any excuse not to make my food except laziness. My apartment is spotless, my bills are paid, and I can completely focus on my eating now. Or should I?

I was watching Rachel Ray the other day and they had a doctor on that specializes in eating disorders. She was saying that as a society today, we are so obsessed with food and we are going to continue to pass it on if we don't realize the facts. She says, the fact is, everything in moderation is not bad! She said this is the best way to put it. Imagine you are making cookies with your kid. The cookies are done and you are looking at the cookies like they are the devil. You tell your child "don't worry, you can have a cookie, mommy just won't have one" That child is going to start thinking there is something horribly wrong with that cookie. So her advice was, there are foods that you shouldn't eat every day ie. Fast food, cookies, cakes, simple carbs etc, but those are not completely off limits. If you teach your child each day how to eat basically healthy, they won't struggle as much when they are older. So RELAX! So I decided to take her advice. I am going to relax. I am still going to not have any sweets or things like that in my apartment. I never really have and quite honestly, they are expensive. But every once in a while, Samuel will be OK having some of that stuff. I don't want him growing up to think food is the devil. Food historically is meant to be enjoyed. Most get togethers back in the day took place around a banquet. Food is meant to be enjoyed!!! Not hated!! So, I am going to thorouly enjoy my healthy food!!

I need to go get my baby now...he is quite mad at Josh right now...Until later!!
1 Response
  1. Anna Says:

    It's a hard balance to teach ourselves & our kids, isn't it?? I, like you, forget to eat too, and then by the time dinner comes, I'm starving and wondering why I'm so tired! You're doing a great job setting goals & achieving them, and being a great mom to your two boys! Keep it up, you can do it:)