Dani
Just wondering if anyone was wondering why I haven't blogged for most of my weekend? Well..here it is...I AM DREADING the confession of the HORRIBLE weekend I have been having. Not only food wise, but life wise. I have had one of those few days where I think I could quite possibly rip my hair out. Samuel has been having multiple, and I mean multiple accidents. I had to finally break down and get him pull ups again. I have seriously been washing his sheets once and twice a day... Until yesterday he decided to skip peeing in bed because now he had pull ups..instead he'd pee on my floor. All you mommies of boys isn't this wonderful? The new toy they have found. Let's see the maximum amount of damage I can cause mentally on my mother. Let's see how many bottles of detergent she can go through? Wonder if she is getting tired of my room smelling like pee and vinegar? I love Samuel, I do, he's just driving me a bit crazy. And I LOVE the suggestion my mom made...First off, I love you mom. She said "maybe he needs more attention?" WHAT. I have to glue my eyes on his body to give him more attention... I'm at a complete loss.

Another thing that has been going on is the reality of the fact that my grandparents are getting old. Well, really old. My grandpa is 92 and my grandma is 88. Let me tell you, my mom's parents have been the best grandparents anyone could ask for. They have always lived in New Jersey, but, let me tell you, it was always clear that they were always there for us. My grandma is a little old Italian lady with a THICK accent. She is wonderful. She has such pearls of wisdom even through her sometimes gross comments. My grandpa was always kind of a silent strength to me. My grandpa could definitely tell a good story, but for the most part, he would sit and just seem to observe. When he started talking though, be sure you were ready to sit for a while! But I realized, as a kid sometimes I would think this was annoying, but my grandpa has so much to offer. My grandparents to me are the example of what kind of a married couple I'd like to be. They bicker yes, which is very funny, but, for the past I think it's been about 40 years, my grandpa has had diabetes. My grandmother has taken such amazing care of him I mean I am sure he would not be alive today if he didn't have her. He has just recently gone completely blind and he is starting to lose it a little bit. He seems more confused. He just was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It's in the very early stages and it can progress very slowly, so it is likely that he will die of old age before he dies of prostate cancer. I was talking to my grandma yesterday and she was crying saying she wasn't ready to lose him. She didn't want to lose him. I cannot describe the bond they have. I remember one time my grandma had a procedure done and for some reason, I think she was gone over night. We were at my aunts house and my grandpa was miserable without her. As soon as she came home he went right up to her and gave her a hug and she hugged him and they both said "I missed you! Are you ok!". It made my heart want to explode. Here they are, these two people who have spent most of their lives together still loving each other after all of these years. I guess where I am going with this is their love for each other and their love for us grandkids is unlike any love I have really seen. I am not ready to lose my grandparents and I want to be able to spend as much time as I can with them. They have been huge icons in my life and I cannot imagine my life without them. When I hear my grandpa start to get confused, or I see my grandma start to get tired quicker than she used to, it gives me some sort of a reality check. They are getting to the end of their lives. It's not easy to think about. I am just sad I guess. I want my grandparents around forever. They mean a whole lot to me.

Ok now I'm crying... So this has been kind of a sad couple of days for me.. I think I am overwhelmed right now. It's a lot of work to be home with both kids and in a whole other state . I am starting to feel it a bit. I also am having a hard time connecting with people here. I am not sure how to make friends with young couples. I am emotional right now..I think I should probably just go to sleep and I will feel better in the morning. I am going to go for a walk with my ipod and worship music on.. I need to just clear my head I guess...

Oh ya, and eating...well.... whatever... haha!
3 Responses
  1. Anna Says:

    Hey - you can do this! *hug* It's hard to see people we love start to fail...I lost my grandpa last fall, and he & grams had that same type of relationship, plus they live with my parents so we saw it up close & personal! Just remember, cast your cares on Him...He'll take them & give you peace in return! It's hard to do, and for me, I've had to do it over & over, but trust Him! You're not alone, even if it feels like it! I'll be prayin' that some friends walk right into your life, especially another mom with kids around your age!!!


  2. Anna Says:

    hey if you want, you can go to this website for blog designs (http://btemplates.com/) & if you pick one I can install it for you...just pick on that has two or three columns...I would just need your password but I wouldn't mind doing that if you want?


  3. sarah Says:

    Hey beautiful, thanks for sharing this. I cried about your grandparents...I ALWAYS watch the older couples at weddings and stuff and it's just so precious how they know each other so well and dance together and stuff. Your grandmother taught me how to use the fork to make the cucumbers look fancy! LOL

    Love you, Danielle...