Dani
What a great weekend with my husband. I really realize how much of a part of me he is. I feel lost sometimes when he isn't home. When he came home this weekend, I immediately felt relieved and felt some kind of comfort. I realize that I love just sitting down with him and watching the news, or a movie and I love eating dinner with him. I've been lost when it comes to dinner since he's been gone! Not to mention Samuel was on a serious naughty streak this whole week. Anyway, bottom line? I LOVE MY HUBBY!

Ok..Now for Samuel stories. Oh Lord, get ready to laugh- Only because I'm done crying about it and I can laugh now too. It started last week when Josh was home. Josh has a very bad tendency to think that he can nap while Samuel is awake. Wrong. So I went to the gym and let me tell you, every time I get ready to walk in the door, I feel a pit in my stomach because I KNOW something is going to be wrong (usually I smell vinegar and KNOW Josh tried to cover it up). Well, I walk in after the gym and what do I see? My son with a white head and a purple face. How did he get that you ask? Well, he managed to find the kids suntan lotion and put it all over his hair, then decided to spice it up and color on his face with his THANK GOD washable markers. So that is first. Later on that day, when I was cleaning the kitchen (ALWAYS when I clean the kitchen) he had his show on, so I figured he'd be good. Nope. I go in my bedroom and my son has my dark lipstick all over his body. AHHH! I throw him in the tub for the 3rd time that day and scrubbed. Well, his body was a little more pink than usual. Now for this week that Josh was gone. Let's see. All in one day I am not even joking, this all happened in one day. I went to put Samuel down for a nap. I have been praying about getting rid of his binky because it is way past time to get rid of it. So I put him in his bed, next thing I know, he is out of his crib with baby lotion all over his head again and all over his binky. Well, that solved the binky problem. I said "Ok Samuel, let's go throw away your binky" He just said Oh, ok! So got rid of the binky, bathed him, gave a time out and went back in bed. I checked on him every 5 minutes. Got out of his bed probably 9 times. Then in one of those 5 minute spans what does he do? Gets out of bed, takes my lipstick again puts it on himself, then on my carpet (MY BIGGEST PEEVE!) Then I see that Samuel has now taken off his pants, clothes, and peed in his bed. Oh Lord help this child. I was really mad at that point. It had been 2 hours since I put him in his bed for a nap and whether he was ready or not, it was now a battle of wills. He WAS taking a nap even if he didn't want to. After probably the 15th time he got out of bed, a couple of time outs, a couple of other ways of disciplining, he finally fell out. I now realize that I need a baby monitor again. Well. So yesterday, I thought that I seriously had a shot at him NOT causing trouble. I was going to make sure that no matter what I had to do, I Samuel proofed the house. So, since I only have one gate, I put the gate up in the kitchen (I was doing the dishes) put the vacuum in front of the bathroom door, put a table in front of the bedroom door, got rid of all things that he could possibly get into, put on his favorite movie, changed his poopy diaper and proceeded to wash the dishes while checking on him ever 2 minutes, knowing that 5 minutes was a great window of opportunity for him to find SOMETHING to do wrong. Well, was I wrong again. I come out and what do I find? My son with poop all over his face, hands, legs, rocking horse, carpet. That was it. I just looked at him with a mix of emotions. One was, how the hell (excuse my language) did he manage to defy the odds and do the ONE bad thing I have no control over? So I scolded him, put him back in the tub, gave my mom a call in tears and begged for help. I coudn't do this anymore. My apartment was starting to smell like vinegar on a regular basis, I went through a roll of paper towels in ONE WEEK taking care of Samuels shinanigans and I was all alone on top of it all. How was I supposed to get anythign done when I can't trust this child at all! So my mom came to my rescue, picked up Samuel and took him to her house. I forget how much you get done without a child. I finished cleaning up the feces off of my carpet, the rocking horse, and my son. Did the dishes, cleaned the livingroom, cleaned the bedroom and got a great shower in all in about an hour and a half. That would have taken me HOURS to do with Samuel. Anyway, so that was my saga with my son. I know I sound like a neglectful mom, but that one minute you don't look is all it takes. So let's just pray that this week is better. I will post pictures up later of some of my week!!
4 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    AK! You poor thing! I can't imagine. Unbelievable how much trouble they can get into. Just curious - does he just do this to you (his worst) or with Josh as well? Matt seems to think Oce acts up more for me (he's always saying that) than for him. Do they think they can get away with more? Do we react more? Are we funny when we scream and shout? Oh yes, I scream and shout. I swear ... it's bad...

    This morning she INSISTED I help her eat yogurt - good grief. She's a big kid, she knows how to eat and had been feeding herself the first half of the bowl. So I told her no, she can eat it herself. WWIII! Screeching, screaming, tears, and the whole thing. Finally I calmed her down and told her she had to ask nicely. One bite and she settled down. Good grief. WHY? WHY THE BIG REACTION? For a spoon of yogurt??? REALLY?

    Tantrums suck. Maybe with the 2nd 2 we'll have this stuff sorted out?

    No, you're not neglectful - they are CRAZY cunning!


  2. Sarah Says:

    O man sounds like it's been fun at your house lately... Your right I did laugh at your post (sorry) what a day, I would have just left him naked in the tub all day long (you can tell I'm not ready for kids)


  3. Christina Says:

    oh my gooodness.... i would have sent my child to live with the neighbors, lol.. YIKES!!! I'll be praying for a peacfull cild inside of you, lol... Good job with the binky, we had to discard Miles off the bink too, BUT once it was gone it was like it NEVER existed, nice... YOu are such a good mommy, keep up the good work, and dont worry you CAN handle 2 kids, dont be freakin out. Luv ya girl!


  4. Christina Says:

    dont worry about being preggers and coloring your hair, its completly safe! YAY for that, eh?? I saw you in pictures from Jess's wedding and you look great! So, hair dark or blonde highlights kept up, will look great! Keep posting baby belly shots, i love pregnant photos!lol, i wish i kept better track of my belly with Levi, like a new one every month. Maybe next time! Have a good poo free day!