Dani
Hey everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! This is by far the best time of year. For the next month, I am completely beside myself. I love Thanksgiving, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. I love everything about the holidays. I am officially allowed to play my Christmas music (Ok, well, I have been listening to Bing Crosby's Christmas CD for the past month). I am decorating TOMORROW! I am mostly done with Christmas shopping. I finished shopping for Josh, finished shopping for Samuel (I hope, I'm buying too much for him which I will soon regret). Oh ya, the cutest thing happened the other day. I brought Samuel to Wal-Mart because we had to return something and I had to look at something in toys (mistake). Well, he saw this HUGE tonka truck. Now let me just say my son plays with each and every one of his toys every day. He is a huge toy kid. He especially loves any kind of truck as long as it is big. He loves the Hess trucks and his favorite toy is a toy my sister in laws boyfriend bought him. A fire engine tonka truck. So anyway, we go to Wal-Mart and I see Samuels eyes get HUGE haha..He ran over to me and said "MAMA MAMA!! LOOK!" he brought me over and I saw this HUGE tonka truck that made all kinds of noise. And, as you can imagine, my heart melted and I wanted to buy it for him at that very moment, especially when he turned to me and said with huge eyes "Mama I want twuck pease pease!!". Oh Lord...that's it..So after looking up and seeing that the truck was $40 I said hmm...not so much. SO not wanting to be the bad guy, I called Josh over and I told Samuel to ask daddy. He did the same thing..big eyes "Daddy I want twuck pease! Pease!!" Josh turned to me and grabbed his chest. He was like "Oh buddy, you want that truck? I'll tell you what. Maybe for your birthday we'll get it but not now OK?" Spoken like a true daddy. Samuel put his head down (heartbroken mommy watching) and he said "Ok daddy." Oh Lord. So I've been determined to find a way to get that truck. So my mom called me yesterday and said that my grandma was coming out for thanksgiving and she wanted to give Samuel & Jael a toy, so she gave us each money to go buy whatever toy they wanted. So, I used half of her money to buy the truck and then part of my mom's money for his birthday to buy the rest of the truck! So today is going to be exciting. I wrapped it and he's going to be opening it today!! I am so excited! He is going to be beside himself!!! I'll try and get some pictures!!!

Anyway, all of this to say, I love the holidays for this very reason. I love watching my son get excited over a truck. I love watching him get excited over opening gifts and the tree. It's a wonderful time of year for our little family. Every Christmas I wake up early and make a HUGE breakfast and Samuel gets a treat..Yup A donut from Dunkin Donuts (a only once a year treat). I make these really good burritos. I get whole wheat wraps and put eggs, salsa, sour cream, tobasco sauce, I make cajun potatos (SO GOOD), bacon, and sometimes ketchup in the burritos. So delicious! And then we end the meal with a donut. Samuel never has them since we don't really allow snacks in the house, so he gets so excited and messy. Then usually after he is done he grabs his stomach out of being completley stuffed and goes and sits down. haha! My little old man :-) I love him! Anyway, so Happy Holidays!!! My favorite time of year :-)
0 Responses