Dani
So we have made it and we have the internet!! Hooray!!

Samuel did AMAZING! He was so cute. My sister and brothers drove me to the airport and I had felt fine up until we pulled into the parking lot. I started feeling a little sad and nervous. We got in really fast (it is a small airport) and we started heading over toward security and that is when it hit me. I was really doing this! I started to cry when I hugged my sister. My older sister Dawn were not always close when we were kids (not really at all!). As soon as she got married we started getting closer then when we both had our kids that was it. She is certainly my best friend. For the past year we have lived in the same apartment complex and it was just nice to have my sister there right next to me. So I was sad because I feel like I was leaving behind my best friend and support.. Anyway, so the tears came huge!

After we said goodbye, we went to go through security and Samuel was, lets say WAY hesitant to give his backpack to the security people to run it through the machine. He looked like he was about to take a run for it! The people on the other side were coaxing him through with his jacket..It was really funny.

When he saw the plane he was out of his mind excited!! As soon as we got into the plane, he sat right down, said "momma you help me?" He wanted me to put his seatbelt on and he sat there with a HUGE smile on his face for the first hour of the trip! Every time we took off and landed he had a big smile. So adorable. I love him! I thank God that he did so well.

When we got to Oklahoma, Josh picked us up and we proceeded to get lost for 2 1/2 hours! The airport is 10 minutes away from our apartment!!! Oklahoma has weird roads. If you miss an exit, not such a good thing...haha!

Our apartment is AWESOME! I love it! The best part? Well, we finally have a table and four chairs that we can sit down and eat together! What a difference it is than eating in front of the TV on the couch. Yesterday it was 73 degrees and we were able to be outside for most of the day. Samuel had a blast!!! We are still really tired and I'm sure there is stuff I am forgetting to blog about, but I am SOOOOO tired I can hardly think!! I will post pictures soon!!!!
0 Responses