Dani
Can I vent? Ok.. I will. I am completely stressed out. This move is becoming so aggravating it is almost unbearable. More because once again, the federal government is slow. This is the deal. Josh is supposed to be in the January 21st class. You would think this would all go easily right? Oh no. Not at all. Josh had to do 2 things. Submit a drug test (did it 2 weeks ago) and get his transcript sent in (did it 2 weeks ago). What didn't the FAA get? Oh ya, the drug test and the transcript. Josh's school closed for break and apparently didn't send his transcript before they closed, and the drug test. Who knows what happened. So until those two things get in they can't technically put him in for the January 21st date. SO what does that mean to us. Josh can't give his 2 weeks notice, I can't set up storage, We can't start applying to apartments. Yes. Our lives once again are on hold until EVERYONE DOES THEIR JOB. I am so angry right now because I am pregnant huge, I get exhausted very easily, I have a three year old who doesn't care to cooperate with moving, and plans that I cannot make. We have to plan a 24 hour drive to Oklahoma and who knows if we are even going. What is God doing here. I am losing it. I just want to be on my way. I am so irritable right now and I want to just know what is going on so that I can pack. I am starting in places where we don't use things, but I am finding it really hard to balance cleaning, cooking, packing, making arrangements for housing, making arrangements for travel, spending time with my son, doing laundry, and all the other FUN stuff that comes with being a mom. And to top it all off? Josh is working 50-65 hours a week. AHHHHHHHH! Please pray for me. I need to get organized. I am so overwhelmed right now that nothing is getting done. Pray that I get a burst of energy, because I am not feeling it right now.
3 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Oh no! I would totally be right there at your house if I were around! Whether it be taking Samuel off your hands or helping you pack while we barricaded the kids in front of Veggie Tales! In that note though, I'd recommend getting out a big notebook! Sketch your trip to Oklahoma - roads, places to stay, where you'd be arriving - this is something you can sort out now and save yourself time later. Call a storage place and see if you can pencil in a spot - explain your situation. See if they will hold a spot for a few weeks. Start packing and get sealing tape - close the boxes and write the contents on the side and top of each box (so if you stay and need stuff quickly you can find it). Seal them so Samuel doesn't get into them and unpack for you!

    Oh, and wait for your spurts. I hd an energy spurt yesterday and it was awesome! I went for a walk, cleaned the house, finished sewing a dress, made a roast chicken, granola, french bread, and knitted baby socks! But some days it's all I can do to make dinner and operate for the day. Just wait for spurt days. Oh, and extra sleep does wonders. I slept in till 11am the other day and I think that's why I had the energy to do all I did yesterday. Get Vic to come get Samuel for a few hours and tell yourself you're ONLY sleeping while he's gone.

    Love you!


  2. sarah Says:

    Yikes! What can I do to help?!?!


  3. Sarah Says:

    O girl, I wish I could be there to help you out, or at least make your dinner or something. I def agree with suz I would map out the trip, also if your gonna have samuel with you on that long of a trip I would start now taking some of the toys he has and bag them up in separate ziplocks and don't let him play with them till you leave then one at a time let him have them to play with on the trip to keep him occupied!

    Also delegate some of your jobs to help ease things for you, maybe you could get your sister to call the storage places for you, get you mom to double her dinners and maybe drop one or two at your house.