Dani
Does anyone else feel completely confused as to what is right to eat? I mean you know the basics, vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, etc. I feel completely confused a lot of the time. I know fruits are good for you but wait, don't eat too much fruit alone because your sugar will shoot up, eat a piece of cheese or some kind of a protein with it..BUT WAIT! Cheese is fattening! Try not to eat it too much.... Yogurt is good for you right? But not Dannon with fruit...too much sugar. Hummus is good for you, but not too much..It just seems there is so much confusion when it comes what is good to eat!

All of this has caused such stress when it comes to eating! I heard someone say, that it is important to be careful how you view food because it is important to not be afraid of food because you can teach your kids those bad habits. I guess I really have to take the time to do my research! But even doing research seems confusing because you can find an opinion on anything! How do you really know who's opinion is closest to the truth?!?

I was laughing at this poster that was hanging at the chiropractor. It said "If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed!" HAHA! I thought that was so funny. But I relate it to food too! I've become so cynical of a lot of the commercials they show on weight loss. I mean really, do these people truly care about people losing weight or do they take the 1 person out of 1000 that actually lost weight on their program and try to fool the American public?

I'm truly convinced that the program that Crystal recommended to me (settingcaptivesfree.com- The Lord's Table) is going to be the key for me. I am only on day 2, but I'm already feeling so comforted and hopeful! I've been on so many of those diets and the truth is, nothing changed! In this program I'm starting to learn to change my priorities and change my motives for weight loss. Turning it from self serving to giving Glory to God in my discipline!

So there it is! Today is going to be a great day. I can feel it!
3 Responses
  1. Rachel Says:

    Great Danielle! I agree, it's all in portion sizes. You do, also, have to live every once in awhile. That's why so many people don't make it through diets, because they do a 180 and don't leave room for a tiny TINY bit of wiggle room. Some people can also take it way too far with eating healthy. Yes, our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, but I don'[t think God minds if I have a cupcake every once in awhile! ;) All in moderation!!!


  2. Stefanie Says:

    Everything in moderation!

    My mom cooks everything with the richest most gourmet versions of everything, but is careful about portion sizes and my parents are perfectly healthy. My mother in law is an herbalist who's afraid of butter, salt and anything non-organic or containing a syrup or preservative, and she has 8 million allergies and my in-laws are always sick.

    Everything in moderation!


  3. keep it going danielle. God honors your desires to do right. i found myself very frustrated when i started my journey (and still do at times). yes, moderation is key, but there is more we should know. the reason being? God has asked us not to altar his design and we have. so i do think it important for everyone to continue to know what is in their food. and your also clear on the mass consumer industry pertaining to "dieting". i found that most of it is smut....pure unhealthy and ridiculous ways of eating that will never give someone long life. substituting nutrition for calories is completely obsurd, but many of us do it. keep trekking...and soon people will be coming to you for the advice.